Page facebook de l'UPHF Twitter de l'UPHF YouTube de l'UPHF Instagram de l'UVHC PRO'fil : le réseau professionnel de l'Université

Entrance and residency procedures

Citizens from European Union do not have to be in possession of a visa to stay in France. They just need to have a valid National Identity Card or passport (the period of validity of these two documents has to cover the whole period of your study in France).

Entrance procedures – visa

International students may require a visa depending on their nationalities and the length of their stay in France.

For more information, please visit the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs website. 

Note: The website is available in French, English, Spanish, German, Arabic and Chinese.

Administrative procedures for temporary residents 

Non-European students (with the exception of Algerian students) who have a long-stay visa (longer than 3 months) don't have to apply for a residence permit upon arrival in France.

In order for the Long Stay Visa as a Residence Permit (VLS-TS) to be validated, the student must complete online the OFII procedure within 3 months of his/her arrival in France.

The student must provide the following documents:

  • Passport (with visa)
  • Proof of residence in France
  • Passport photo
  • Dematerialized OFII stamps or fiscal stamps (with ANAEM or OMI mention) worth 60 €: Buying my fiscal stamps online


Mobility Unit
International Relations Office
Campus le Mont Houy (Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes)
Bâtiment Matisse building n°8, 
1st floor- Office n°1
Tel: +33 3 27 51 77 32 
E-mail: international_in [at]