What do International Relations represent at the UPHF ?
The Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France currently has nearly 1800 international students coming from all over the world and more specifically from Maghreb, West Africa and South Asia.
Facts and figures :
- Almost 250 active cooperations.
- 163 partner institutions in 94 different countries.
- 15% of international students are registered in an undergraduate degree or an exchange programme.
- Almost 83 nationalities represented.
Our ambition of making the international openness a priority for our University leaded to the creation of an international policy organised around five objectives:
- Structuring and coordinating every international action by collaborating with other institutions.
- Strengthening the attractiveness of our University
- Promoting the academic mobility of both students and employees of our University (teachers, researchers, and administrative staff).
- Consolidating an image of excellence on the international level by finding priority regions and common programmes (university course and research) around mastered domains (transport and logistics, security and risk control, digital arts, health and disability engineering).
- Participating in the sharing of the international actions in accordance with our University contract-based policy.
In addition to our participation in the construction of the European Higher Education Area (ERASMUS+ community programme and cross-border cooperation), special attention is paid to 4 regions:
- The Northern and the Western French-speaking Africa
- South-East Asia
Note: If you want to know more about our international cooperations, please consult our stay offers.
The International Relations Office
The International Relations Office is in charge of setting up and managing the agreements and the conventions as well as the contractual indicators. Members of the IRO also take care of welcoming and helping people coming from all around the world. This structure of strategic and political coordination is composed of administrative agents coming from different services of our University whose missions are closely associated with the international affairs.
Our missions :
- Welcoming international students and researchers.
- Internal and external communication
- Creating international projects
- Monitoring conventions
- Managing scholarships for students
- Managing out-coming and incoming students and personnels.
- Collaborating with both the IR (international relations) coordinators of the different training courses and the coordinators of the research department.
- Monitoring of the actions carried out by the regional development officers (Northern Africa, Middle East, China and South-East Asia)