In the spirit of Gaston Berger, founder of INSA Lyon, the Gaston Berger Institute works for the INSA Group.
The ambitions of the Gaston Berger Center
- Promote the training of humanist engineers, philosophers in action
- Increase the Group's social footprint by welcoming and accompanying all diversities
- Diffuse Gaston Berger's culture and prospective method
- Promote an inclusive organizational model and a supportive, intergenerational community
- Addressing students' quest for meaning
- Developing a collective awareness of societal issues
- Foster the hybridization of science, technology, and the humanities
In each INSA, a Gaston Berger Center is declined according to the territory.
The Gaston Berger Center of INSA Hauts-de-France is created in June 2021 in connection with the Gaston Berger Institute of the INSA Group: https://institut-gaston-berger.insa-lyon.fr/
Who was Gaston Berger
Born in Senegal
. Received his high school diploma at age 23
Fighter in the first world war & resistance fighter in the second world war
Philosopher, business leader, senior civil servant
Director General of Higher Education (Ministry of National Education) from 1953 to 1960
. Father of choreographer Maurice Béjart, choreographer
. Formalized the foundations of foresight from 1955
. In 1956 he founded the IAE of Paris and in 1957 the INSA of Lyon
. Died in a car accident in 1960.
The mission of the Gaston Berger Center of INSA Hauts-de-France
The Gaston Berger Center of INSA Hauts-de-France focuses on the following thematic axis:
- Support for the INSA social model (internal and external promotion of it) and the promotion of diversities (national programs: cordées de la réussite, ingénieur au féminin and regional programs: PRREL Ambition et Réussite, ...) in all INSA Hauts-de-France training.
This support and promotion of diversity is reflected through several fields of action.