QATEM 2023 is the seventh event under a workshop series on Quantitative Approaches in Tourism Economics and Management. The workshop/conference is co-organized and supported by the Polytechnic University of Hauts de France (LARSH) and the International Association for Tourism Economics (IATE). It will be held in Valenciennes (France) on Thursday 29 and Friday 30 2023. By focusing on the theme of quantitative approaches in tourism economics and management, QATEM 2023 will provide an opportunity for gathering, analyzing, and debating state-of-the-art academic research in this recent field of economic and management sciences. The scientific committee would welcome submissions on both parametric and non-parametric approaches. Theoretical contributions are also encouraged.
This edition will be characterized by a scientific collaboration with the IATE (International Association for Tourism Economics). A new edition of the IATE PhD workshop will be held before the QATEM workshop. PhD students should also attend and present at the PhD workshop, which gives them the additional opportunity of receiving feedback and advice from some IATE council members and QATEM scientific committee.
Deadlines (QATEM and Phd workshops)
- January 15, 2023: Deadline for full papers or extended abstract submission
- January 31, 2021: Deadline for the submission to the PhD workshop (extended abstract, 5 pages, of an article or of a chapter of thesis or of the PhD project).
- March 15, 2023: Deadline for acceptance/rejection Notice
- April 30, 2023: Deadline of registration and payment of registration fee
- June 28-30, 2023: Workshops in Valenciennes.
- Wednesday 28th June 2023 (9 a.m - 5 p.m.) - IATE PhD workshop
- Wednesday 28th June 2023 (6.30 p.m.) - Welcome drink
- Thursday 29th June 2023 (9 a.m - 5 p.m.) - QATEM workshop
- Friday 30th June 2023 (9 am. - 12 p.m): End of the QATEM workshop
- Friday 30th June 2023 (2 p.m - 10 p.m): Social event (more information forthcoming) and gala diner.
- Sylvain Petit - sylvain.petit [at] uphf.fr